1. A French arts collective recently unveiled their latest creation: a 50-foot mechanical arachnid placed strategically on the side of one of Liverpool's biggest buildings. The three-story spider is called:
a. Big Mamma
d. La Princess
2. On September 3, a Japanese temple burned to the ground when one of the monks accidentally dropped a torch he had fashioned for the purpose of ridding the temple of:
3. PETA gave an award to a teacher in Eagle Rock, California last spring for what classroom innovation?
a. appointing an insect monitor to prevent the squashing of bugs
b. a science experiment that led to a humane mouse trap
c. relocating a bee hive that had formed outside the classroom
d. studying the habits of ants in an effort to help them multiply
4. A New Jersey man recently blew up his apartment, destroying 80% of the home. What was he doing?
a. spraying for roaches
b. using fire crackers to scare rodents
c. mixing homemade insecticide in his kitchen sink
d. chasing a rat
5. Customs agents in Philadelphia, alerted by noises inside an overseas package, inspected the parcel and found what inside?
a. Pet roaches from Madagascar
b. Baby mice from New Brunswick
c. Giant beetles from Taiwan
d. Honey bees from Ghana
6. A recent article gives evidence of a variety of ants native to Brazil that have been observed doing something heroic. What are they doing?
a. the ants join together to carry drowning beetles to safety
b. individual ants perform a kind of ant-CPR on the queen if she is in danger
c. several older ants sacrifice themselves by covering the entrance to their nest
d. worker ants form a chain that enables weaker ants to return to the nest
7. A fossilized dragonfly from 250 million years ago was found to have a wingspan of
a. 12 cm
b. 28 inches
c. 15 mm
d. 3 feet